How to fight with it?
I would produce a plugin for MS Internet Explorer, resembling extension AdBlock for Firefox, that let to block internet-advertisment and contexone.
- this plugin should let user to block contents, coming both from the definite domain names and range of IP-adresses, in one-two clicks. Its clear that it should be done so that the user doesn't even think about what is "domain" and what is "IP-adress".
- this plugin should be compatible with all versions of IE starting with 5,5.
- this plugin should be a part of Windos Update obligatory plant set and for its installation identity check even is not demanded.
- to have a possibility to react on-the-fly to competitors' tricks this plugin should periodically renew the list of filters from MS site.
- and the last :) from time to time this plugin should admit advertisement from MS to user.